söndag 3 juli 2011

Further Avination deterioration

Owing to real-life problems, I didn't have much time to spend in Avination today. I basically just dropped in to tell Maggie I'll be away in the morning, and then I found some time to spend with her in the evening. Lena was there too when I came, and both her and Maggie were dressed up to the teeth in beautiful gowns. I never found out the reason why, but I guess it was some girlie-thing.

Maggie had really been busy, and turned our skybox in our region BDSM into a real home. She proudly showed me the things she found for a very good price, and she had every right to be proud. It was also just as well that she did finish our home there, because Sweet Hideout with our original home is still offline, and without any explanation or response to my support ticket from yesterday.

Avination has begun to act up a lot more in the last week in general. We get bad lag spikes in our sim BDSM despite it uses just a few 1000 of the assigned 15000 prims, just a couple of hundred scripts in total, most of them being simple, standard pose ball scripts, and with just 2 persons present. Maggie has even been forced to turn off her RLV now, because it flips her back into undesired states every time she's online. Script events are often ignored, and prim shapes and textures keep snapping back both during and after editing prims. Today there also was another total login outage.

I can't help but wondering if the performance deterioration in Avination has got something to do with the black hat developer they hired and fired. He said himself he launched DDoS attacks because he was bored, less than a year ago, and if he gets pissed from being fired, there are innumerable security exploits in OpenSim, which Avination runs on. I even discovered a couple of new ones myself by accident, which I reported into that big black hole where every Avination support ticket, requiring something more advanced than a sim restart or a recommendation to clear cache and relog, seems to go.

Economy:
2011-07-02: uploads -C$1840
Avination stats:
2011-07-03 04:15 UTC, 33,785 residents, 6,801 in 30d, 969 sims

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar