torsdag 7 april 2011

Trading with trad

Yesterday my landlord trad had another fit over the technical problems in Avination, and I can't blame him. One of his sim had been gone for an entire day, at it took some time for support to bring it back online. Also, for several days, he's been walking around invisible, save for his hair, some clothing prims and boots. He was so pissed off he was about to leave it all again.

We had a long chat, and I found out another of his frustrations was he had ideas he didn't have the pieces or know-how to pull off. One of them was building a railroad. The way he described it, I realized I had basically built something like that long ago in Second Life. So, we made a little deal: I help him get his railroad running, and he hangs on for a few months longer in Avination to see if things improve.

This evening, I delivered. It was really just a simple "vehicle" to demonstrate, but it did follow the monorail track trad built around the entire sim, you could ride it, and the tool I developed for making the configurable path for it made it take about 20 minutes to get it running on the track, once I started building the path. trad said he was happy about it, and I promised to help him out to make it fit his needs fully, since this is still just a generic path follower, with a few configurable extras.

I'm glad if my little 6 hour hack can save the sim Maggie and I have come to love as our home, at least for a while longer. trad has really created something special there, and it would be so sad if he just tore it down. He told me a couple of major creators, Redgrave and Mimi's Choice, have left Avination now, and I see stagnation in both sims and visitors from the stats I compile myself as well. I'm not sure if Avination will make it, because for every day that goes without much improvement, I doubt it more and more, but I still want to give it the chance.

Economy:
2011-04-05: -
2011-04-06: -
Avination stats:
2011-04-06 04:42 CET, 23,694 residents, 9,281 in 30d, 1,148 sims
2011-04-07 06:25 CET, 23,846 residents, 9,208 in 30d, 1,140 sims

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar