söndag 22 maj 2011

Amphitheatre done, dungeon in progress

Maggie and I've spent much of what time we've been in Avination during the weekend building on our island. Maggie finished a nice little house, and worked some more on her park and decorations. I helped her out some with a door script in the end.

I spent Friday finishing the amphitheatre next to the temple with 120 seats. This is really a bit overkill, since the sim hardly can take more than 40 or 60 persons, but it looks nice.

Saturday, I prepared the dungeon under the temple, building a maze and some cells. I also managed to make a fully working "sit teleporter", which unsits you automatically at destination. It took a little trick that I think few are aware of is needed in OpenSim, but that I discovered when I investigated some performance problems with my scripts in Sweet Hideout.

Today, I re-created a couple of my interactive interactive items from Second Life: my bondage stake with 63 home-made animations, and my scroll reader, to display information in style in-world. I will probably need to adjust the bondage stake some, because it seems avatar geometry differs some between Second Life and OpenSim, so some poses ends up a bit off.

I was glad to see Maggie's and my friend Lena back online this weekend. She has been missing during the week, and I was worried she had left like so many others seem to do. But it seems like she just had a very busy week real-life, so she hadn't have time to log into Avination.

Performance in Avination actually seems to have improved a bit, compared to a week back, but Saturday, there were two login outages again, accompanied by freezing in-world, teleports and IM's between sims not working, friend's lists and statuses being inconsistent, scripts stopping, builds breaking and general fuck-up. Both Maggie and me has been ejected from sims without warning, including our own, a number of times, indicating crashes or restarts.

All the curves describing economics in Avination are still pointing downwards, save for the number of total accounts created, that quite naturally will never decrease. But usage hours are decreasing in a tempo that indicates Avination will be empty in 3 months, the number of sims have decreased by 31 in just a week, and the number of unique users the last 30 days is accelerating downwards again, having decreased by 9% in the last 4 weeks.

Economy:
2011-05-19: -
2011-05-20: upload -C$10
2011-05-21: upload -C$80
Avination stats:
2011-05-20 04:14 UTC, 29,299 residents, 7,968 in 30d, 1,068 sims
2011-05-21 04:15 UTC, 29,389 residents, 7,918 in 30d, 1,064 sims
2011-05-22 04:15 UTC, 29,481 residents, 7,877 in 30d, 1,059 sims

The temple with the finished amphitheatre in the sim BDSM


The dungeon under the temple in the sim BDSM

Maggie's house in the sim BDSM

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar