söndag 15 maj 2011

Roller-coaster in Avination

No, unfortunately the title doesn't imply any amusement park. I had a clash with Avination management today, after being falsely accused of breaking my word and the appointment Friday (my interpretation even if the accuser claims it wasn't meant that way). I could say a lot of nasty things, but I'll try not to, and just conclude that I have "differences" with the "A-team" about what went down. Maggie did her best to calm and comfort me, but I guess I really was no fun to be around tonight.

I was cheered up a little by the very nice gift we received from our friend Lena though. Maggie happened to mention to her yesterday that she missed her blindfolds from SL, and Lena had created one seemingly simple but very nicely designed and with several different functions for her today already. Both Maggie and I enjoyed trying it out a lot. So that was the first down and up of the roller-coaster in Avination.

The second part of it is unfortunately still mainly downs. I'm talking Avination performance and user statistics. The login outages continues, even if it seems Avination support has become slightly faster at restoring them now. At least there's been no 4-hour outage since Thursday, but both Friday and Saturday were spiked with many shorter ones, and there's been at least one more severe today as well. One little up has been that OpenSim developer Diva seems to have found a fix for the IM's and group notices that have gone missing while off-line, and that Avination seems to have implemented that now. At least I found a lot of those messages waiting when I logged in today.

Usage is dropping steadily though, and has by some 20-25% since the middle of Mars. The long term trend (28 days linear extrapolation) of unique users in the last 30 days indicates that Avination could be an empty ghost world by 2011-12-21, while the short term trend (7 days linear extrapolation) of usage per day indicates this can happen by 2011-07-15 already. The number of sims is also the lowest since the beginning of Mars, with 1090 sims this morning, compared to its peak of 1162 sims in the morning of 2011-03-12, a decrease by 6%. I really hope these trends will turn up soon again, but they have been declining for more than two months now, and seem to be accelerating downwards rather than slowing down.

So, those are the one and a half downs-and-ups of the Avination roller-coaster for today.

Economy:
2011-05-13: -
2011-05-14: -
Avination stats:
2011-05-14 06:14 CET, 28,630 residents, 8,021 in 30d, 1,105 sims
2011-05-15 06:15 CET, 28,747 residents, 8,009 in 30d, 1,090 sims

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar