måndag 23 maj 2011

Real-life obstacles and Avination policies

Owing to a severe cold, I really wasn't up to much this evening. Maggie was a bit late, so while I waited, I managed to upload and install some of the information, in the shape of in-world readable scrolls, from my old place in Second Life. When Maggie came, we discussed some, and then she tried my bondage stake. I will really need to go through and adjust a lot of the poses in it, since they're way off here in Avination compared to Second Life. After a while, I felt I was drained from energy, and I had to excuse myself to make an early night and try to get some extra sleep.

When I was uploading the animations for my bondage stake yesterday, and also when I uploaded images for my scroll readers today, I was thinking about how blissfully unaware the Avination management seems to be about how their policies and favours basically tells the ones not enjoying them to go take a hike. The policy with free uploads for "recognized creators" really tell the new up and coming ones they're not worth anything. The strong focus on merchants, with weekly merchant meetings, tells the rest, including the merchants' would-be customers, they're not really part of Avination or very important. The use of voice at official meetings tells those with e.g. hearing impairments and language problems to get lost. The attempt with severe throttling of rezzing, to benefit the 1-2% of the sim owners who run venues with many simultaneous arrivals, told the 98-99% of the sim owners who don't to go fuck themselves. The regulations of freebies, and the utterly insensitive way of presenting that policy, tells all those who are sane enough not to want to start spending money right away in a new and untested virtual world, which is really just another one of so many, they may as well turn in the door and leave.

The sheer ignorance and lack of respect shown with those policies, really makes it no wonder Avination keeps spinning closer and closer to the drain. Even if the technical problems will eventually be solved, I think it will still take very hard work and probably a large dose of humility from the Avination management, to repair the damage they've done and trust they've lost with their past, present and would-be users from the way they have been and keep treating them.

Economy:
2011-05-22: upload -C$670
Avination stats:
2011-05-23 04:15 UTC, 29,599 residents, 7,882 in 30d, 1,064 sims


Scroll readers in the temple library in the sim BDSM



A sketch for a future castle in the sim BDSM



A design sample of a future railroad in the sim BDSM

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar