onsdag 29 juni 2011

No information is good information

This morning, Maggie and I as usual stayed in bed and chatted. This time it was about the future, our future, the future of Avination, and a few other things.

In the evening, Avination was lagged in all the places we went too, so I guess the grid wasn't feeling its best. Maggie was out looking for furniture for our new home, and while we were looking, she got an IM from a creator about a gown Maggie had problems with. It proved to be a bad texture, which we already knew, and after re-uploading the texture and applying it again, the gown worked nicely.

The creator had been in contact with Avination support, but they never explained to her why it is a texture can be seen good by some, in this case her, but be broken for others, in this case me and partly Maggie. Since not knowing that can easily spark a heated exchange between e.g. a customer who don't see a texture and a creator who sees it, it's not very considerate not explaining it, especially when the explanation is a simple one-liner it took me less that 30 seconds to type to the creator. But, I guess that follows the general policy of Avination management that no information is good information. Transparency? Possibly when standing with the noose around your neck, as seen recently with the blackhat programmer they hired.

We ended the evening with Maggie showing me what she'd done with our home, and it's coming along nicely. I left early, and she stayed on, but she followed me to bed to continue after I logged out. She really is the sweetest.

Economy:
2011-06-28: sales +C$10
Avination stats:
2011-06-29 04:16 UTC, 33,491 residents, 7,137 in 30d, 976 sims

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar