måndag 13 juni 2011

One problem down

I'm still not up to much in Avination, owing to real-life circumstances. I spend most of my time there chatting with Maggie. This afternoon, I made a new little discovery of discrepancies between Second Life and Avination concerning animations. That finally enabled me to finish one of my toys I re-created from Second Life, but where the animations didn't work properly.

I also heard a worrying rumor that Avination management had engaged the infamous cracker JCool / Fractured Crystal to develop their viewer further. It's not even a year ago since he was permanently banned from Second Life over the Emerald debacle, where he installed spyware in the most popular third-party viewer Emerald, and used it to perform DDoS attacks against people he didn't like. I have asked for a confirmation or denial on the rumor, and if it's true or Avination management refuses to answer, I guess I will have to seriously re-consider my engagement in what they will be turning into a spyware-infested paradise for griefers and copybotters. I'm no friend of Second Life, but even their mismanagement will be better than the purely malicious disrespect Avination management is showing the safety and privacy of their users, if the rumor is true.

Economy:
2011-06-12: -
Avination stats:
2011-06-13 04:16 UTC, 31,661 residents, 7,314 in 30d, 1,010 sims

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar