tisdag 8 mars 2011

An end

Today I ended my presence in Second Life. In less than four hours I tore down and abandoned everything I spent almost four years building up there, dropping assets worth several USD 1,000. But I can't continue endorsing a virtual world where the owners side with racketeers, fully knowingly letting third party spyware run on their servers to collect data being used to intimidate, stalk, harass and grief their customers, in blatant violation of their own Terms of Service and utter contempt of their customers.

Right now, I just feel empty, frustrated, sad. But at the same time, now that I'm done with Second Life, I hopefully will find the time and energy to focus better on Avination, trying to build something up here instead. It will probably take some time before I'm really in the mood for it though.

Economy:
2011-03-07: sales +C$60
Avination stats:
2011-03-07 06:00 CET, 18,614 residents, 6,578 in 30d, 1,146 sims

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar