tisdag 1 mars 2011

Commerce, pass time and major crash

Today, our landlord trad invited Maggie and me to a group for announcing various events and offers throughout Avination. In all honesty though, I think Avination has already outgrown this approach. The group is spammed with announcements, of which most are interesting only for a sub-population. With the size Avination has now, you would probably need to split such a list into different cathegories, e.g. residential land, mall booths, female and male attire and clothes, and so on.

Because of my illness, I was in no shape to do much creative, so I spent about an hour in the morning and in the evening, just playing Zyngo together with Maggie. (Zyngo is a game reminding some of bingo.) Before Maggie came in the evening, I had time to explore a new, wonderful park trad is creating, but when Maggie and I was about to go there, Avination went down totally, so we were logged out and no relogs were possible.

I'm beginning to be a bit concerned with the lack of stability in Avination. Knowing that it's run on alpha-phase server software, I don't expect it to be solid, but outages, crashes and extreme lag up to at least a couple of hours every day is a little bit too much. I suspect it can be interpreted as that Avination didn't pass the stress test that the recent rapid growth in sims and users has put it through very well. Hopefully, the techs will be able to fix those bottlenecks which are probably the reason for the present problems, now that they have been found out.

Economy:
2011-02-28: -
Avination stats:
2011-03-01 06:08 CET, 16,710 residents, 4,310 in 30d, 1,082 sims

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar